Monday, April 2, 2012

The first two

Shane thinks that my excitement in this matter is a little over the top but...the first two green beans have formed! One is just over an inch long, and the other has barely started. But the fact of the matter is, we've got green beans! In April! It's making me look forward to the day when I'll get to cook a meal and have my own, home (or office) grown beans as part of it. Grilled salmon and green beans, anyone?
Now if only my peas would start putting out flowers, we'd be all set. The two newest peas, which I started last week, have popped up out of the soil and I realized that that's actually a problem for me. I don't have cages for them yet and they'll grow up quite fast. Whoops! Looks like this week I'll have to make a trip to a greenhouse or, if they're not open yet, to the garden center at a warehouse. I also need bigger pots for them! I wonder if I can scrounge any for free somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment