Monday, October 31, 2011

Total fail

I said that I would be putting up new posts on Sundays to mention how well I did on our weekly budget, but didn't get around to it for this, the first week! In all honesty, I just didn't have time. Between a Halloween party Saturday night (leading to a late Sunday morning), brunch with friends to recover, homework, finally starting a few wedding thank-you cards (a grand total of four got done), helping Shane bottle beer, and the final performance of "Annie" (which means helping to strike the set/pit afterward) I was rather overwhelmed. My brother came over for dinner (and to make caramel apples) and I was so exhausted that I could barely hold a conversation. In fact, I'm still exhausted.
This evening Shane wanted to go hang out at J&L's house, but my inclination was more to stay in, turn off the lights so we didn't get trick-or-treaters (no candy in the house--the doorbell rang a bunch anyway) and either watch shows we've been neglecting or read. Also, snuggle with my pets who've been very much ignored. The fact that the dog got into the recycling last night to chew up some cardboard shows me that she's not going to stand for an absent mommy any longer.
So my grocery bills for the last week (we ended up making several trips to the store) totaled around $50. I can't find the receipt from HG Market, and that might have actually been last week that I'm thinking of.... But the gist of it is that this past week was a complete success as far as budgeting. Woo-hoo! Go me!
We did most of this week's shopping tonight. We still need milk, chicken and sausage, but that's it. We've got our meals planned out and a couple of backup plans in case things suddenly get very crazy, as things tend to do.
Excuse me, it's bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment