Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stormy days

I read about the huge wind storm that whipped through the Southwestern U.S. the other day. My brother and sister-in-law live in L.A. so I spent a good amount of time texting them yesterday to be sure everyone was ok. Apparently, their apartment is rather sheltered so they didn't get the brunt of the storm. They did, however, get to see someone else's rain gutter come flying into their yard. Other than that, the cats went crazy but all was well.
So now it's our turn. There's a big storm brewing for Alaska that could dump 1-2 feet of snow. We're not actually used to that in the interior (that's more like Valdez's snowfalls) so it should be interesting. Add the wind to it and "blizzard-like" conditions and I'm not quite sure what's going to happen. But you know that if they're telling everyone to only drive in emergencies, and warning that there might be road closures, this is going to be one heck of a storm.
The only real downside that I see to this is that it's been dark the past couple of days. Even when the sun is up, the cloud cover is so thick that it's not very light. It's really been getting me down. I hate that the light affects me so much, but it really does. And I'm not the only one. I was talking with a friend last night who was saying that he and his roommate have been very snappish with each other. Shane's been cranky and downright unpleasant to be around at times. I've been short-tempered with the dog (who, admittedly has been a brat--she did try to eat that frozen meat outside, despite Shane's claims that she shouldn't be able to smell it!) and tired. I can't wait for the sun to come back. I think I'll throw on some Christmas carols then curl up with a good book and some tea to cheer myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment